INTERNAL SALES CONSULTANT
Aquila Management Corporation, together with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Aquila Investment Management LLC, and affiliate, Aquila Distributors LLC, is the privately held, independent founder, sponsor and distributor of the Aquila Group of Funds. Mutual funds are our core business.
The Aquila Group of Funds has been providing investment strategies to our valued fund shareholders and their financial advisors since 1985. For over 30 years, the financial advisors who recommend the Aquila Group of Funds to their clients have come to value our consistent and disciplined investment approach, which emphasizes knowing what we own while striving to preserve and build upon the value of invested assets. Just as importantly, they have come to value and depend upon our uniquely-tailored high level of service for not only our shareholders, but their financial advisors as well. We value this trust and intend to continually strive to maintain it.
Primarily specializing in fixed income investments, the Aquila Group of Funds has combined assets of $3.1 billion and currently consists of 9 funds: 7 single state municipal bond funds, a high yield corporate bond fund and an equity fund.
As a member of our top-performing sales team, the primary responsibility of the internal sales consultant (ISC) is to promote and sell Aquila investment products through financial advisors within a specific geographic region, working closely with the regional sales manager (RSM). Candidates must be proven self-starters who have a strong desire to succeed and to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Identify and contact leading advisors through outbound calling efforts, mail/email campaigns, and referrals.
- Work in tandem with the RSM to develop and maintain working relationships with key Advisors and Firms.
- Make a minimum number of outbound sales calls per day and handle associated issues. Duties include advisor scheduling, call-backs, and lead generation.
- Respond to client inquiries, provide ongoing communication with clients and prospects, and manage clients/prospects throughout the sales cycle.
- Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls.
- Cultivate new advisor relationships, and deepen existing relationships.
- Maintain contact relationship management database (ACS) used by the Sales Team to track meetings, advisor information, etc.
- Develop and maintain investment and industry knowledge and serve as a subject matter expert on all products and services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated self-starter: Enthusiasm for the industry, a positive attitude, and a drive to succeed are essential to this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven results and demonstrated sustainable success in a competitive sales environment
- Excellent ability to build relationships within our team, across our organization, and with our clients.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented atmosphere, with exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate industry and product knowledge and make client presentations.
- 3 to 5 years of financial services sales experience preferred.
- Experience using relationship management database preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Series 7 and 66
- Limited travel
- Must be able to work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Aquila Group of Funds is an EEO employer.
To Apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.