At Aquila Group of Funds, the hallmark of our time-tested municipal bond fund strategy has always been our local presence in the markets in which we invest. Included in that local presence are the members of our Boards of Trustees, who reside in the states where we manage municipal funds. For nearly 40 years, Aquila Group of Funds and our respected Trustees have been customer-focused and remain the champions of our valued shareholders.
At our recent Quarterly Board Meetings, the Trustees and Officers of Aquila Group of Funds proudly recognized the pending retirement of Kentucky-based Trustee, Mr. Thomas A. Christopher, who retired from service to Aquila Municipal Trust effective March 31, 2023.
Mr. Christopher holds the distinction of being Aquila Group of Funds’ longest-serving independent Trustee. He served as an exemplary independent Trustee since 1985. During his 38 of years of service, Mr. Christopher held numerous esteemed positions with Aquila Group of Funds:
- Chair (2017-2022) and Trustee (2013-2023), Aquila Municipal Trust
- Chair (2005-2013) and Trustee (1995-2013), Aquila Churchill Tax-Free Fund of Kentucky
- Trustee, Aquila Tax-Free Fund of Colorado (2004-2013)
- Trustee, Aquila Tax-Free Fund For Utah (2006-2013)
- Trustee, Aquila Tax-Free Trust of Arizona (2009-2013)
- Trustee, Aquila Narragansett Tax-Free Income Fund (2009-2013)
- Trustee, Churchill Cash Reserves Trust (1985-2001)
- Chair and member of various Audit Committees
- Chair and member of the Aquila Group of Funds’ Financial Review Committee
Mr. Christopher’s wise guidance contributed greatly to the growth and success of Aquila Group of Funds. We are grateful for his personal integrity, considerable experience and valuable business insight.
On behalf of Aquila and the Trustees and Officers of Aquila Group of Funds, we express our sincere appreciation to Mr. Christopher for his valuable contributions during his tenure, and for his unwavering dedication to the interests of the Funds’ shareholders. We are very proud to have been associated with Mr. Christopher and wish him well in his retirement.